Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday isn't a four letter word

I know it's not really politically correct to admit that I love Mondays.  I'm supposed to whine and complain that the weekend is over and I'm dreading the next five days.  But here's the deal: I do love Monday.  Especially Monday morning.  On Monday morning I'm an optimist.  Nothing has ruined my week yet.  I'm still thinking about uplifting church talks.  I'm refreshed from the weekend and ready to dive back into my routine.  My to do list seems more doable.  On Monday I'm certain I can be kinder, read my scriptures more, keep my house clean all week, make dinner every night, save money; on Mondays, I can do anything.  Maybe you can just do me a favor and keep it a secret that Monday happens to be my favorite day of the week.  Or maybe you can come out and just admit it: you love Mondays too.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Well, I can't admit that I love Mondays too. At least, not while I'm still a working mom. Because for me, Mondays mean I have to leave my baby again. However, I didn't hate Mondays at all during the summer, and I think you have some great reasons for loving Mondays. :)

Kellie said...

Sometimes I look forward to Mondays because that means 2 of the kids go back to school and I can get some things done around the house. It's not my favorite day though because I really enjoy Saturdays when we can spend the whole day as a family doing whatever we want.

Nicole said...

I happen to like Mondays, at least, for now. My work week starts on Tuesday so I get Monday to do what I want. And by what I want I really mean clean, do laundry, run errands, etc. But it also means I get to spend the day with Jack and that is always a good thing.

Chastina said...

Mondays are good. I happen to be a fan of most days of the week right now. I try to find something about each day that I like. (It doesn't always happen, but I try.)