Thursday, September 22, 2011

Count Your Blessings

Sometimes I'm a whiner.  And sometimes it's easier to blog about things that are whiny or hard.  Just easier to write about I guess.  But these things are only a part of my life.  I'm grateful for lots of things too.  And I've been thinking about those things a lot lately.  Thought I'd share some:

I'm thankful I have a baby who:
  • Showers me with hugs and kisses.
  • Occasionally humors me for a good snuggle.
  • Likes books as much as I do.
  • Is developing normally.
  • Is (typically) not a picky eater.
  • Is happy more than she's sad.
  • Likes to be outside more than in.
I'm thankful I have a husband who:
  • Loves me.
  • Respects me.
  • Supports me.
  • Is home for dinner every night.
  • Was there when our baby learned to walk.
  • Is happy to come home everyday.
  • Changes diapers.
  • Does the dishes.
  • Loves being a dad.
  • Supports our family.
I'm thankful I:
  • Have the choice to be a stay at home mom.
  • Get to spend my days with M.
  • Have a husband who would support me working or staying at home (and live in a time when that's ok).
  • Have so many educational opportunities (and a husband who supports me in that...catching a theme here?)
  • Have the opportunity to serve in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
  • Have never known what it's like to really go without.
  • Am blessed to be able to have more things than our apartment can hold.
  • Have friends.
  • Have parents who taught and still teach me good things.
  • Have amazing in-laws (like I can actually say (and mean) I'm excited when they come visit).
  • Learned how to use a library so we don't go broke.
There are a million more things, but I'll stop now.  I guess I live a pretty charmed life.  And I'm thankful for that.

3 comments:

Curley Family said...

I agree, it usually is easier to complain about the bad things, but to look at the good is equally as important. I love reading your blessings list. It helps me think of the good things in my life! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Chastina said...

What a great post! It's great to think about blessings.

Nicole said...

I love your list! Thanks for reminding me to look at everything I have to be grateful for!